Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Chart

I just happened to be playing around on SparkPeople.com - taking a look at some old data, etc.  I happened upon something quite eye-opening.  It made me realize how long I had been in denial over my weight; how long I was complacent with being obese. 

It was my weightloss chart.  I've been using the website for about two years trying to lose weight.  There were chunks of time I chose to stay far away from the tool that was my mirror, the tool that tried to show me I was so unhealthy.

Here it is.  Can you tell when I started the Paleo diet?


















This chart makes me sad, and in the same breath makes me joyful that I found a way to finally get healthy.

Here's some pictures of me in 2009.  I didn't take many of myself...




Yeah...chubby.

Here's the most recent picture of me.






I wish I had better pictures to show how I've gone from a fluffy puffy obese chick to a leaner, healthier, only-14-lbs-overweight gal.  These will have to do for now.

Besides, once I get down to 155ish, you guys might get tired of my new found vanity and over-taking of pictures of myself...mwhaha!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yaaaa!!! Good for you!! You are doing awesome! Chad and I are gearing up to go Paleo (as I call it) after we get moved...so in about a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shalana! :)

    I'm so excited you're going Paleo soon - let me know how it goes for you once you get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I will!!! I am nervous and excited about it. I am having trouble losing weight from having my three kids, and I dont really know what else to do. Your story of weightloss/healthy eating is inspiring, and it makes total sense.

    ReplyDelete