Monday, March 21, 2011

Oh coconut...how I love thee.

Let me count the ways:

- coconut oil
- coconut flour
- coconut milk
- coconut beverage (not nearly as rich and dense as the cooking variety)
- coconut yogurt
- coconut water
- coconut ice cream
- coconut flakes

Yeah, you could say I have a new favorite food.  There are so many things you can do with coconut products - it's incredible, it's dairy free, and it's good for you!  Hurray!

I recently tried vanilla flavored coconut yogurt - I wasn't sure about it at first, especially since I found coconut coffee creamer to be so incredible wrong, but after taking a leap of faith and giving the yogurt a go, I was pleasantly surprised.

It definitely has the same consistency as your everyday dairy yogurt, but the color is...different.  Different enough to make you think "Hm...why did I buy this again?"  Be brave.  You'll be glad you did!

I tried So Delicious, and so far (which the exception of the coconut coffee creamer) the brand name holds steady and true.  The only downside?  The price is Not So Delicious, which is typical of most coconut-based products.  At our local PCC, I found it on sale for about $3.58 for a 16 oz. container.

What are some of your favorite Paleo-friendly foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment